MONDAY: Jan 10, 24, 31, Feb 14, & Feb 15
TUESDAY: Jan 4, 18, 25, Feb 1, & Feb 8
WEDNESDAY: Jan 12, 19, 26, & Feb 2, 9
THURSDAY: Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, & Feb 10
FRIDAY: Jan 7, 14, 21, 28, & Feb 11
SATURDAY: Jan 8, 15, 22, 29, & Feb 12
SUNDAY: ALL SUNDAY CLASSES COMPLETED
All lessons will begin on their respective day starting with Mondays on January 3, 2022. Classes will be held once weekly on the same day and time for 5-consecutive weeks. The final week of classes is expected to be held the week of January 31, however, in the event of postponed classes, they can be delayed typically up to 3 additional weeks.
Due to weather delays being beyond our control, we will not issue any credits should students be unable to attend postponed classes.
2022 Program Details
The January Program is our annual group-lesson program for skiing or snowboarding that starts just after the New Year every season. This year's program kicks off on Monday, January 3, 2022. Classes vary from 45-minutes to 75-minutes in length and are held weekly for 5 consecutive weeks. There is only enough time in our short season to host ONE 5-week program. Each year we offer a 3-day lesson program during President's week, information for this program will not be made available until January 15.
The January Program is available to students as young as 3 with options for teens and adults as well! Students must fall within the age range of a specific program no later than January 30, or the end of the program. See below for classes by age, sport, and experience level.
How do I register?
For the 2022 January program, we will be continuing with a lottery enrollment process for the 2nd consecutive year in lieu of a first-come,first-served method. Due to extreme demands for this program beyond our capabilities, we have found this process to be the fairest. As of October 15, all classes have been filled and we have begun to accept a waitlist for potential cancelations.
The lottery process for the 2022 season was held from September 9 through September 26. The intention of this process was mentioned on our website from Spring 2021, allowing guests to sign-up for notification via email. Finalized details were posted around Labor Day. While the lottery process is new, the registration time frame for our annual program has always been in September. If you were unable to register this season, keep this time frame in mind for next year.
Kinderschuss & Kindershred
The Kinderschuss & Kindershred programs are designed specifically for young children, introducing them to the fun of snow sports, familiarizing them with the equipment and atmosphere of a ski resort.
Skill-based games and activities will be played as we build balance and strength focusing on walking, sliding, and gliding both in and out of skis or snowboards. Motor Skills and cognitive skills will be challenged in an exciting new way. Students should be bathroom trained and willing to separate from parents for lesson duration as pedestrian foot traffic is not permitted on the snow.
Lesson Length: 45-Minutes
Program Fee for 5-Lessons: $215
Rental Equipment is included for the Kinderschuss & Kindershred programs at no additional cost.
Sundays @ 10:45 AM - SOLD OUT
Thursday @ 11:00 AM - SOLD OUT
Thursday @ 3:30 PM - SOLD OUT
Friday @ 11:00 AM - SOLD OUT
I have never been on skis or am not quite ready for the novice level.
Friday @ 3:30 PM - SOLD OUT
Saturdays @ 10:45 AM - SOLD OUT
Yawgoo Valley is not responsible for missed classes due to personal reasons or non-medically excusable. No refunds, credits, or make-ups will be offered for personal absences.
You do a disservice to your child, other children, and families – as well as our staff and your child’s instructor – by knowingly misrepresenting your child’s age or ability. If there is reason to suspect a misrepresented date of birth or experience level.
Chairlifts are limited to two seats. We ask that customers that come together, ride together. Given that physical distancing will not always be possible during the lesson, such as when a group rides lifts, students are asked to wear their face covering and ride with the same group buddy each time where possible. Chairlift riding classes will NOT be offered for Kinder & Mini age groups. Should your child have intermediate or advanced experience at this age level, you are encouraged to take private lessons.
Helmets for purchase will be available in the Pro Shop starting November 4. We do not rent helmets and they are not included in any rental equipment package. Visit our website for specific hours in late October.
INCLEMENT WEATHER & MAKEUP POLICY
We are a weather-dependent facility, relying solely on mother nature & our own snow-making capabilities. We reserve the right to cancel/postpone lessons without notice as deemed necessary by management for the safety of our guests and staff, non-ideal snow conditions, or excessive inclement weather.
- In the event of cancelation, guests will be notified via our website under our daily operations report as well as via social media and email. Due to constantly changing weather forecasts, guests are encouraged to verify operations every morning prior to leaving for the resort.
LIFT TICKETS/FREE SKIING/RIDING
- Lift Tickets ARE NOT included with any programs, however, they are not required when participating in a Yawgoo Valley Snow Sports Lesson and accompanied by an instructor.
- A discounted ticket is available for students on the day of their program to ski during the session that intersects with their lesson time, otherwise, tickets are not discounted.
- The purchase of a ticket will include the continued use of rental equipment for the duration of the ticket session only.
- Discounted tickets can be purchased day-of only, but will not sell out.
- All registration payments are non-refundable. Registrations cannot be transferred to another student.
- Rental equipment can be added for use during each weekly lesson. Packages included Skis or Snowboard and Boots. All other items including clothing must be provided by the student.
- For students aged 6 and younger participating in the Mini or Kinder programs only, receive complimentary equipment for use during their lessons. For older children, we offer the option to rent, or you may provide your own equipment.
- Rental equipment is only available during the lesson and must be returned promptly at the end of each lesson for cleaning & sanitizing before we can rent to the next guest. You must re-rent equipment for other visits or lessons or to extend your time after your scheduled program lesson.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT FITTINGS
Fittings are necessary for all students that will be renting equipment from Yawgoo Valley. This ensures both a proper, comfortable fit and will prevent any delays on class day. Rental fittings will be held at select dates and times (see below). No appointment is needed, simply head to the rental shop during the following times:
- NOVEMBER 4-5, 11-12, 18-19: 2 PM-6 PM
- NOVEMBER 13: 1 PM-4 PM
- NOVEMBER 6, 20, 26, 27: 10PM-2PM
CLASS REQUESTS: The success of our programs is built on creating groups of a similar age and ability. These determinations are made by the Snowsports School Supervisors. Due to restrictions in space and social distancing, we will not be able to guarantee any special requests for lesson placements.
A specific instructor may be requested or expected. Snow Sports will always attempt to fulfill the request or ensure instructor consistency; however, we reserve the right to assign your lesson to an alternate instructor if:
- The instructor is not scheduled to work or calls in sick on the date of your reservation OR The instructor has previous commitments.
- All lessons will begin on their respective day starting with Mondays on January 3, 2022. Classes will be held once weekly for 5-consecutive weeks. The final week of classes is expected to be held the week of January 31, however, in the event of postponed classes, they can be delayed typically no more than 3 additional weeks. Due to weather delays being beyond our control, we will not issue any credits should students be unable to attend postponed classes.
- Yawgoo Valley is not responsible for late arrivals to class. No refunds, credits, or make-ups will be offered for any missed portions of the class.
- Should you arrive late, staff will do their best to connect the student with their group in a timely fashion, however, this may take additional time if the group is on the chairlift. Please do your best to arrive early to ensure your student gets the most out of their experience.
Ski equipment rental set includes Skis & Ski Boots, poles may be available for upper levels, the instructor will recommend poles be picked up when the class is ready for them. A snowboard equipment rental set includes the snowboard and snowboard boots. Clothing, goggles, and helmets are not available for rent. Helmets and other accessories are available for purchase in our Pro Shop while supplies last.
What do I need to bring to my fitting?
All you need to bring is the student(s) and a pair of socks - ideally the pair you plan on wearing.