January Lesson Program Updates
January 17: Monday Classes will be postponed until 1/24.
Proper clothing is required for lower temperatures.
Cover all exposed skin and insolate with layers - be careful not to overlayer, as this can cause sweat which will freeze and reduce body temperature. Instructors have been instructed on methods for keeping warm and moving. Instructors will take breaks indoors to warm up and have been trained to recognize signs of frostbite and frostnip.
- Dress your child warmly in layers. Make sure ears, fingers, and toes are well covered.
- Change your child's clothing if it becomes wet, especially socks, hats, and mittens.
- Bring your child indoors often to warm up. Give your child a warm snack, soup, or warm drink. Check his or her toes, fingers, nose, and ears.
- Be alert for early signs of frostnip and frostbite. Teach your child what signs to watch for.
Source: Stanford Children's Health
COVID-19 | Ski Well, Be Well
A quick overview of the 2021-2022 season -- Let's work together to ski & ride safely this season!
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
- With every visit to Yawgoo you assure that you or any member of your household is not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 that cannot be explained by known allergies or non-infectious illness (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.), has not knowingly been exposed to someone who is experiencing symptoms of or tested positive for COVID-19, and has not been directed to quarantine or isolate by the RI Department of Health or a healthcare provider.
- Chairlift Riding & Lines
- Chairlifts will not be restricted and likely be at capacity. Unrelated parties are permitted to ride together.
- Face Coverings
- Following the most recent State mandates for December 2021-January 2022 and always requiring face coverings when indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Facial coverings are not required when outdoors. This will be in place unless indicated otherwise at a later date, pending state updates.
- Respect Others
- Be respectful of others and their personal space.
- Practice proper hygiene and respiratory etiquette, wash hands/sanitize frequently.
- Follow all signage and staff guidance.
- Tickets & Rentals
- While tickets may be limited to ensure quality, capacities will be increased from the 2020-2021 season, we hope to allow more guests opportunities to visit.
- Tickets may be reserved online or the ticket window same-day only. Again, while we anticipate higher capacities than last season, we do have the potential to sell out on busier days, fresh snowfall, or when trail conditions are limited. Therefore, we cannot only guarantee reservations made online in advance. We cannot take reservations by phone.
- Food & Beverage
- Shredders Snack Shack window will be open for take-out all season.
- Guests will be permitted to eat outdoors or indoors. For indoor dining, a face covering is required until you are seated and required once you leave your table.
- Upstairs Max Lounge will require proof of vaccination due to the extended experience indoors. Reservations are not required, seating is available first-come, first-served.
- Outside foods such as delivery or take-out may not be consumed indoors.
- Indoor Access
- Indoor seating will be permitted; however, a facial covering is required.
- Outside foods & drinks may not be consumed indoors. Water or medically required items are permitted.
- Storage will be limited, please consider leaving items in your vehicle. Yawgoo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged belongings.
- Gatherings, groups, or parties will not be permitted.
- Restrooms will be open indoors, however, a facial covering is required.
- First Aid
- Please visit the Ski Patrol booth located adjacent to the Proud Mary loading area for all first aid assistance.
All proposed hours, pricing, sessions, protocols, and policies are subject to change without notice as deemed necessary by management or required by other agencies.
Trail & Lift Status
Proud Mary Chairlift
Novice Area & Rope Tow
Lesson Area & Learning Rope Tow
Upper Hubs Folly
Lower Hubs Folly